Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rockin' The New Bathroom








So! I know it's been a month since I last posted, but things have been hairy, busy and fabulous. Woo hoo! As most of you know, we had packed up kith and kin (and kittens, cat, dogs and turtle) and boogied over the mountains into beautiful Central Oregon. We arrived on Father's Day, and since then it as only rained twice. For, like, fifteen minutes each. Yup, it's definitely NOT the valley. Some things I have learned over here:

1. Target, Walmart, BiMart, Old Navy, McDonald's Starbucks...They are all pretty much the same as the ones in Eugene. Which is oddly reassuring and disturbing at the same time.

2. Moving into a lovely, nearly brand new house and getting lovely, totally brand new furniture rocks. A lot!


3. Ahhhh, cable (or rather, satellite) tv is, no matter what the "experts" say, a beautiful and wonderous thing. And don't get me started on the miracle that is DVR. Sigh...all the episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter, Sunset Tan, Miami Ink and The Soup a girl could ever want.

4. Let's not forget about high speed internet. For appropriate adjectives, please see item #3.

5. There exists, in Bend, a street called "Xerxes." That, and Robal Street is LABOR spelled backwards.

6. Children, no matter where they live, still seem to be incapable of locating and utilizing a trash can, laundry hamper or dishwasher.

7. Seeing your kids finally happy after years of real misery is priceless.

Pretty sure there are more, but you'll just have to be satisfied with that for now. Deal.
Now on to more important things. Like our "Hell" bathroom. Because I now have two bathrooms (I keep telling Zak and the boys that they aren't allowed to use my fabulous master (that's right, I said it, MASTER) bathrooom for any reason other than showering. Hasn't worked yet, but I shall perservere. This weekend I spend most of the my time making some additional "decor" for the "public" restroom. With the flaming shower curtain and devil-y things from our bathroom on Skipper Ave, I did a whole bunch of "art" to go with that hell-ish theme. It rules. I know it's weird to decorate a room based on the Underworld, but it's no newsflash that am just a skosh on the weird side myself. LOVE it. And besides, if it disturbs anyone, there will always be the MASTER bathroom. Only, if you are afraid or bothered by zombies and zombie paraphernalia, probably you should run up to the Chevron station on HWY 97 and ask for the key.

So I have interspersed (ooh, vocab word...add it to the collection, Angie Sue) this blog with pictures of our happy hell (please do note the oh-so- clever touches I added because I am a huge nut job). I can tell you all the painted stuff in there is mine, and (come to think of it there are some things that aren't painted that are mine as well, but picky-picky. Shhhhheeeeeoooott!) Nothing in there is intended to be scary or offensive. Well, maybe a teesny bit. Scary like cheesy horror movies are scary. Not scary like in Devil's Rejects scary.
So there you are, kids, brief history of this branch of the Zacharek Family. Oh YEAH. Love, and Peace...

No comments: