Saturday, May 26, 2007

Indiana Jones and The High Desert Adventure

So first things first.
You may think I will be addressing the house/home situation first, but sorry. It's FAR more important that I share this:
Yes. We found this while we were moving, and as I have been unable to locate the He Man drawing, I did, smartly, manage to take a photo of this most awesome and somewhat disturbing toy from Zak's childhood.
Yeah, it's' supposed to be Indiana Jones. No, it does not look anything like the enduringly fabulous Harrison Ford. He is, indeed, missing a boot, shirt and the multi-purpose tool, his whip. And I know, he does look very much like the cookie cutter "male" (uding that term loosely...) Barbie, Mr. Ken. But Just take a second and ponder this. I'm not sure if he was purchased this way or if he was a Ken doll somebody modified (please note the oversized felt hat) in lieu of buying an Indy doll. GOD, he rocks. Anyway, now that I have shared that little piece of Zak memorabilia with everyone, I'll update you on our situation. Settle down.

So. We are 98% sure we are moving to Bend this summer. Yay, us! Everything has been pretty much pointing this direction for some time now, and we finally just had to accept the fact that we must be meant to make this decision. As a good friend at school said, "That's called the stars aligning, my dear."
True that. We won't be officially moving until the end of June (I think) and we will be doing a considerable amount of commuting back and forth over the pass the summer to honor commitments, appointments, birthdays, etc. But it looks like we've made the choice, and we'll keep everyone posted. My sis-in-law said, "What's the worst that could happen, you come back to Eugene if it doesn't work out?"
Pretty much. This family hasn't had a great, positive adventure in YEARS. We have been isolated, ill, depressed, and basically surly for so long, I think we all feel like we are waking up from a really long nightmare. And we're pretty sure the whole BS with the house was the best thing that could have ever happened to us, because now we are free! And ready for a new chapter, new opportunities.
So thank God for cell phones and Internet, which make it so much easier to stay in touch. I'll be letting everyone know what the actual plan is when we have one. Actually. High Desert, look out. The Zachareks are coming!
Peace.

No comments: